HopeBox Charity Youth Orchestra
& Spero Soloist Ensemble
- Eligibility Requirements : High school students including rising freshmen
- Application Deadline: 4/7(Sun)
- Audition Date: 4/13(Sat), 4/20(Sat)
- Audition Time: 1:00-5:00PM
- Audition Place: World Mission Baptist Church(62 S. San Tomas Aquino Rd. Campbell, CA 95008)
- Online Application: Click Here
- Audition Fee: $20
- How to Audition:
Orchestra: All the orchestral instruments and harpists are welcome to take an audition.
-Strings: A 3-octave A major and Gb minor scale
-Winds & Brass: Chromatic scale
2. Excerpts: Prepare the excerpts for your instrument. Excerpts can be downloaded from links below. Violinists have the choice of preparing Violin I or Violin II excerpts.
3. Solo piece : A five-minute work of your choice that demonstrates technical facility and lyrical expression
Spero Soloist Ensemble: Spero Soloist Ensemble is a group of outstanding students who are selected to be featured as soloists during the HCYO annual benefit concert. Due to this year’s repertoire selection, auditions will be only open to violins, cellos, and pianos.
Prepare the 1st movement of Beethoven’s Triple concerto on your instrument during the HCYO audition, then the most qualified students from each instrument will perform together as Spero Soloists.
Spero soloists must participate in the orchestra, unless the repertoire does not require the soloist’s instrument.